NPYWC COVID-19 Staff Advice and Travel Restrictions as of Tuesday 19th March 2020
NPY Women’s Council staff are advised of the following advice and travel restrictions to remote communities in the NPY lands due to the current uncertainty about the spread and transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-10):
· NPYWC staff returning from NSW, Victoria or overseas must self – isolate for 14 days and not travel to the NPY Lands within a 14 day period, and without symptoms.
· NPYWC staff returning from other interstate travel will be required to self-isolate for at least 5 days and return to work without symptoms.
· NPYWC staff feeling unwell or contracting a virus must not travel to the NPY lands until symptoms subside and with medical clearance.
· Only necessary travel both interstate and to communities will be permitted with the above restrictions.
· All remote based staff are advised to stay working in their home community and avoid unnecessary travel.
· All staff feeling unwell or suffering flu like symptoms are advised to stay at home and seek medical attention.
For more information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, prevention, diagnosis and treatment, please follow the Australian Government guidelines here: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov