NPY Women’s Council Coronavirus (COVID-19) Staff Travel Advice & Restrictions

NPYWC COVID-19 Staff Advice and Travel Restrictions updated 1 July 2021

All Alice Springs staff need to comply with the NT Government COVID lockdown restrictions

NPY Women’s Council staff are advised of the following advice and travel restrictions to remote communities in the NPY lands due to the current uncertainty about the spread and transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19):

  • NPYWC staff are required to follow all border control and mandatory self-quarantine requirements outlined by respective NT, SA & WA governments for entry to these states and territories, including extra conditions pertaining to travel to remote communities.
  • Additional to state and territory border control and mandatory self-quarantine requirements, it will be recommended that all staff returning to work after travelling interstate or to Darwin get a COVID test, and remain away from the workplace until a negative result is confirmed.
  • If you have not travelled but live / or have had close contact with someone who has recently returned from a state or territory with current COVID cases, we recommend you get a COVID test and remain away from the workplace until you have returned a negative COVID test.
  • We are advising staff to remain in Alice Springs and not return to the lands for at least 2 weeks and only if you are symptom free.
  • All NPYWC staff travelling to remote communities in the NPY Lands will need to have a NPYWC COVID-19 Safe Travel Work Plan approved by their manager. This plan will outline individual COVID-19 safe working practices based on the  NPY Women’s Council COVID-19 Risk Management Plan.
  • All remote based staff are advised to stay working in their home community and avoid unnecessary travel.
  • All staff feeling unwell or suffering flu like symptoms are advised to stay at home and seek medical attention.

For more information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, prevention, diagnosis and treatment, please follow the Australian Government guidelines here: