People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Permanent, full-time position leading the Empowered Communities regional secretariat
- Based in Alice Springs with travel to the NPY Region
- Generous salary packaging and leave benefits
Are you an innovative leader with experience managing complex reforms and programs for Aboriginal communities? Do you want to work with an organisation that is changing the way government works with Aboriginal communities?
Empowered Communities brings together Indigenous leaders, government and corporates in ten regions across Australia to reform how Indigenous policies and programs are designed and delivered.
Empowered communities is looking for a talented Executive Manager to lead its secretariat for the Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara lands spanning the central desert region of South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Based in Alice Springs, you will manage all aspects of the secretariat including strategy, communications and community engagement in conjunction with the Regional Steering Committee and NPY lands community members.
You will manage the region’s development roadmap by building partnerships and joint decision making processes with government, and working side by side with Anangu. You will elevate Anangu voices and promote mechanisms to ensure they are powerful advocates.
Key responsibilities are:
- delivering a high performing, operational secretariat including leading staff, operations and financial management
- overseeing strategy development to bring about transformative change in the region
- support the Regional Steering committee
- work in partnership with Anangu, NGOs and governments
- oversee the secretariat’s monitoring and evaluation
Skills and experience
- experience managing teams in a complex environment
- ability to support and promote Anangu to increase their voice in decision making processes
- ability to broker strong working relationships with NPY leaders, service providers, bureaucrats and corporate executives
- high level strategic and planning skills in complex environments
- demonstrated experience in financial management
For further information on the role, please see the Position Description here: Executive Manager – PD as well as NPY EC Secretariat Information Pack for Applicants (Nov 2021)
To apply, please fill out the form below and submit both a covering letter and CV.